Friday, October 4, 2013

Kokoro Connect - Review

The members of the Cultural Research Club [From left to right: Aoki, Yui, Taichi, Inaba, and Iori] (Image taken from: picky wallpapers.com)
Okay so, yesterday I completed my rewatch of all 17 Kokoro Connect episode and let me just say the series wasn't as good as I remember in the first half-ish, but it was much better in the second half. Kokoro Connect is about the five students above struggling against supernatural phenomenon caused by Heartseed. Some of the cases include: switching personalities (one's soul would exchange with another's and live in each other's bodies for some time) and emotion transmission, which basically made any of their thoughts possible to be transmitted to one or multiple other club members, regardless of distance/what the person actually says. Through those difficulties the club members face so much stress both between them and just amongst society as a whole. In each case, someone breaks down in some way, but eventually the members patch up the damage and return to be happy peers again.




Kiriyama Yui, my second favorite character of Kokoro Connect (Image taken form: poco.cn)
I personally feel that Kokoro Connect is a rather adorable series. Of course, there is a tsundere character in Inaba. Of course, being the tsundere character, Inaba is my favorite character in the series. As a series though, Kokoro Connect has Inaba and Yui who are absolutely adorable and then Iori, who had her moments as well. But characters aside, the storyline itself is a bit unique in terms of what I've personally watched myself, and especially kept me hooked. While I didn't like how calm Heartseed was about how much stress he was causing, what he was doing eventually brought the CRC closer and closer together which ultimately led to what wanted to happen in the end. As an entirety, Kokoro Connect is a great anime, not one of my top 5-10, but fairly close.

Inaba embarrassed (Image taken from: animevice.com)

Ruri's Rating: 9/10

Suggestions: Acchi Kocchi, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai, Chuunbiyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

No comments:

Post a Comment