Saturday, October 12, 2013

Clannad/Clannad After Story - Review

(Image taken from: anime-planet.com)
Since this is the most feelsy anime I've ever watched, I've decided to just write this review rather than suffering through a rewatch. The Clannad series is a dramaful anime following none other than the drama club of a high school. The second series is dominantly after the main heroines graduated,which then turns more into more of a dramaful romance between Okasaki Tomoya and Furukawa Nagisa. Of course there are comic relief characters to ease tensions as they come, but most of the focus is upon the romantics, what affects each person including not only Tomoya and Nagisa, but also their friends from high school: Kyou, Ryou, Tomoyo, and Youhei. While they help each other out from time to time, every hardship is a little different, thus different situations lead to different results in terms of the storyline.


Nagisa and Tomoya (Image taken from: anime-planet.com)
While I say rewatching this series would make me suffer, I still love the series. It's so feelsy it left me bawling by the end, not gonna lie. Anyways, if you plan to watch this and have a heart of some sort, have tissues prepared for the second series. Just a friendly reminder for y'all out there. You're welcome. But anyways, Clannad is a great series despite making me cry like a child, the romance is a lot more serious and deep than most other animes, which I liked, the comedy always was funny when it came, which I also liked, and even the parts that just made me feel like I'd been punched in the gut and left to cry were good turns for making the storyline work in the direction it went. All in all, I would recommend this, but again, if you have a heart, be prepared, this anime will hit you straight in the feels.

Akio, Nagisa's father, having a moment (Image taken from: imageshack.us)

Ruri's Rating: 8.75/10

Suggestions: Da Capo series, Kokoro Connect, Sankarea, Sakurasou, Toradora

No comments:

Post a Comment