Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Brief Look into Animes That Started As Of Sunday

So, as of today, two more animes have been added to this season's watching list. If I also count Sunday, I have three more to talk about. The three animes are Walkure Romanze, Non Non Biyori, and Unbreakable Machine Doll. Each series has only had one episode each, so this isn't much more than speculation. As my post title suggests, this will be a bit more brief than my prior preview post. Anyways, let's get right to it.




(Image taken from: anime-planet.com)
Walkure Romanze is a bit... odd in my opinion. I'm not sure why, but it just seems to be. While I know this is stereotyping, when I think of knights, I think athletic men in suits of armor fighting with swords and shields and whatnot. In this anime, not only are the knights dominantly female, but the focus is upon jousting as a sport. In a way I could consider this a sports anime for jousting, but it's just not. Basically there's this one guy thus far into the show who formerly was a knight. Apparently he was excellent or something as all the top female knights want him to work together with them. Anyways, what I see in this series overall is a harem for the guy as he'll never pick one knight to assist. Either that or he will finally give in and go back into being a knight himself. For anyone wondering, this anime's episodes appear to be planned for Sundays.

(Image taken from: anime-planet.com)
Non Non Biyori is rather odd as well, in a different way. In this case, this anime follows the story of a school consisting of five total students in the countryside of Japan. So far it seems like a less funny version of Lucky Star, only in the countryside and several characters less involved. Then again, I shouldn't be judging just by the first episode. Anyhow, I expect this to be a slice of life type of anime like Lucky Star, Nichijou, or one of those that follows the daily lives of a group of schoolgirls. For anybody wondering, Non Non Biyori episodes come on Mondays.

(Image taken from: anime-planet.com)
Unbreakable Machine Doll is the series I've been anticipating most this season. Honestly I started the manga and got through chapter two or three a week prior to the first episode. Just on Sunday night, I caught up on the manga, all the way up to chapter thirty-five or thirty-six. Going by the manga, I'm expected a ton from this series. Action, bit of romance, a tsundere girl, it's all a collective win to me. The only downside is the overload of clingyness from Yaya. In lighter amounts I'd totally be fine with it, but not in as heavy amounts as Yaya shows. It's not a huge downside, but it is for a short while, more so toward the beginning of the series rather than where it is up to thus far in the manga. And even if it was huge, the tsundere character in Charlotte cancels that and then some. Anyways, Unbreakable Machine Doll is about puppeteers that manipulate this 'dolls' with magic to fight each other in the Night Party for the esteemed title of Wiseman. Overall, I expect this series to contest for a top twenty-five spot for me by the time it's done. For anybody who'd also like to follow Unbreakable Machine Doll, episodes are released Monday evenings, California time.



No comments:

Post a Comment